Friday, May 30, 2008

Welcome to Synthesis Institute!

Let me introduce myself first of all. My name is Bruce L. Tow, and I'm president and CEO of the Synthesis Institute, a California 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation originally founded in 1993. (Please note that the web-site http://www.synthesisinstitute.org/ belongs to another Synthesis Institute, which focuses its attention on the synthesis of chemicals, not ideas. We're working on a web-site for our Synthesis Institute; when it's available I'll post how to find it!)

Synthesis Institute's mission is to promote the art and science of multi-disciplinary problem-solving, which I and others believe is a growing need in today's increasingly complex and increasingly specialized world.

In future posts, I'll be describing the history and philosophical background of Synthesis Institute and its founders and supporters.

For now, membership in the Synthesis Institute is free; you can become a member simply by sending contact information and e-mail address to btow@synovationsolutions.com.

Thank for for your attention, and I look forward to future comments, feedback and the free exchange of ideas on techniques for solving multi-disciplinary challenges.

No comments: